- 1798.100 – Consumers right to receive information on privacy practices and access information
- 1798.105 – Consumers right to deletion
- 1798.110 – Information required to be provided as part of an access request
- 1798.115 – Consumers right to receive information about onward disclosures
- 1798.120 – Consumer right to prohibit the sale of their information
- 1798.125 – Price discrimination based upon the exercise of the opt-out right
February 26, 2021
Superior Court of Kern
Newman, et al.
Putative class action against an online precious metals retailer. Defendant is alleged to have failed to implement and maintain reasonable online security measures sufficient to protect consumer's PII (including consumer's names, address, and payment card information) resulting in unauthorized access and disclosure. Data breach is alleged to have occurred between February 18, 2020 through July 17, 2020. Complaint alleges a violation of the CCPA § 1798.100: failure to implement and maintain reasonable security measures sufficient to protect consumers' PII. Plaintiffs also bring various claims for violation of CA's Unfair Competition Law, §§ 17200 et seq., and breach of contract.