- 1798.100 – Consumers right to receive information on privacy practices and access information
- 1798.105 – Consumers right to deletion
- 1798.110 – Information required to be provided as part of an access request
- 1798.115 – Consumers right to receive information about onward disclosures
- 1798.120 – Consumer right to prohibit the sale of their information
- 1798.125 – Price discrimination based upon the exercise of the opt-out right
June 10, 2021
USDC Central District of California
Schaubach, et al.
Putative class action against an app-based parking service. Defendant is alleged to have failed to protect customers' personally identifiable information including first and last names, email addresses, passwords, home addresses, telephone numbers, and license plate numbers. The data breach is alleged to have occurred when Defendants were hacked via a third-party software vulnerability on or about March 2021. Complaint alleges a violation of the CCPA § 1798.150: failure to implement and maintain reasonable security measures sufficient to protect customers' personal information. Plaintiffs also bring a claim for negligence.