- 1798.100 – Consumers right to receive information on privacy practices and access information
- 1798.105 – Consumers right to deletion
- 1798.110 – Information required to be provided as part of an access request
- 1798.115 – Consumers right to receive information about onward disclosures
- 1798.120 – Consumer right to prohibit the sale of their information
- 1798.125 – Price discrimination based upon the exercise of the opt-out right
May 04, 2021
USDC Northern District of California
Becker, et al.
Putative class action against an insurance agency. Defendant is alleged to have failed to protect customer PII (names, social security numbers, dates of birth, insurance information, and other sensitive personal and health information) from unauthorized disclosure by a third party. Data breach is alleged to have occurred between March 6, 2020 and May 5, 2020. Plaintiffs bring various claims for negligence, breach of confidence, request for injunctive and declaratory relief, and violation of CA's Unfair Competition Law §§ 17200 et seq. ("unlawful" conduct based on alleged violation of the CCPA based on the failure to implement and maintain reasonable security measures sufficient to protect Plaintiffs' PII (Cal. Civ. Code §§ 1798.100, et seq.)).