- 1798.100 – Consumers right to receive information on privacy practices and access information
- 1798.105 – Consumers right to deletion
- 1798.110 – Information required to be provided as part of an access request
- 1798.115 – Consumers right to receive information about onward disclosures
- 1798.120 – Consumer right to prohibit the sale of their information
- 1798.125 – Price discrimination based upon the exercise of the opt-out right
March 01, 2021
3:21-cv-01115-LAB (originally 3:21-cv-01466)
USDC Southern District of California
Smith and Karam, et al.
Putative class action against a bank. Defendant is alleged to have failed to securely store or transfer cardholder and account information to prevent unauthorized account use and disclosure of PII. Complaint alleges a violation of the CCPA § 1798.100 et seq.: failure to maintain reasonable security measures sufficient to protect consumers' PII. Plaintiffs also bring various claims for violation of CA's Unfair Competition Law, violation of Electronic Funds Transfer Act (15 U.S.C. § 1693, et seq.), negligence, negligent performance of contract, negligent failure to warn, breach of contract, breach of implied contract, breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, and breach of contract (for third-party beneficiaries.) Transferred from USDC Northern District of California to USDC Southern District of California.