- 1798.100 – Consumers right to receive information on privacy practices and access information
- 1798.105 – Consumers right to deletion
- 1798.110 – Information required to be provided as part of an access request
- 1798.115 – Consumers right to receive information about onward disclosures
- 1798.120 – Consumer right to prohibit the sale of their information
- 1798.125 – Price discrimination based upon the exercise of the opt-out right
January 22, 2021
3:21-cv-01093-LAB-MSB (originally 3:21-cv-00547)
USDC Southern District of California
Willrich, et al.
Putative class action against a bank. Defendant is alleged to have failed to securely store or transfer cardholder PII, resulting in a widespread security breach of unauthorized transactions. Complaint alleges a violation of the CCPA § 1798.100 et seq.: a failure to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures sufficient to protect PII. Plaintiffs also bring various claims for violation of CA's Unfair Competition Law, violations of Electronic Funds Transfer Act (15 U.S.C. § 1693 et seq.), breach of contract, breach of implied contract, breach of the implied covenant of faith and fair dealing, and breach of contract (third-party beneficiaries.) Transferred from USDC Northern District of California to USDC Southern District of California.