- 1798.100 – Consumers right to receive information on privacy practices and access information
- 1798.105 – Consumers right to deletion
- 1798.110 – Information required to be provided as part of an access request
- 1798.115 – Consumers right to receive information about onward disclosures
- 1798.120 – Consumer right to prohibit the sale of their information
- 1798.125 – Price discrimination based upon the exercise of the opt-out right
April 13, 2021
2:21-cv-04441-AB (originally 21STCV13824)
USDC Central District of California
Lopez, et al.
Putative class action against an insurance company. Defendant is alleged to have failed to protect customers' PII (names, addresses, driver's license numbers, payment card information) resulting in unauthorized access by a third party. The data breach is alleged to have occurred on December 26, 2020 and another unspecified date in December. Plaintiffs were notified of the data breach on March 16, 2021. Complaint alleges a violation of the CCPA §§ 1798.100, et seq.: Failure to implement and maintain reasonable security measures sufficient to protect customer's PII from unauthorized access. Plaintiffs also bring various claims for CA's Unfair Competition Law (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code §§ 17200, et seq.), and breach of contract. Transferred from Superior Court of Los Angeles to USDC Central District of California.